15/11/19


Billie Eilish has released her first song since her debut album titled “everything i wanted”. The songs a reflection on this platform that she’s found herself on. Being one of the most popular musicians in the world at the ripe age of 17 isn’t exactly going to be an easy job. The song's full of angst and painful lyrics which is reflected in the instrumental side of the song. I imagine it’s one that’ll appeal a lot to her fans and like me, people who don’t have a lot of experience with her. No Vacation and Okey Dokey have released a new song titled "Really Truly”. The songs got the repeating lyrics “now that everything’s faded” and that’s really what the songs like. The dreamlike backing track, as well as the distortion that’s used, makes the song almost seem like one of those 8D videos that you get on YouTube. No Vacation I’m familiar with and it’s a little different from their typical light-hearted indie bedroom pop so I’m going to assume that that’s Okey Dokey's influence having its effect. Good song.

A remix of Swim Deep's song “To Feel Good” has been released as well over the course of the week by 404. The initial part of the song sounds a little trancy before being taken over by some rapping. I feel the same way about this as I do with songs done similarly. The “remix” features a resemblance of the song then moves into something completely different for the rest of it before again distorting the original track to finish the song. I can’t help but feel that it’s more just a publicity stunt most of the time.

Swim Deep

The Ninth Wave have finally released the full version of “Infancy” after a long wait, I’ve already spoke about this enough. Just glad it’s finally here. They’re currently halfway through a UK tour so have a quick check to see if there’s any dates near you.

Thanks so much again, the assignment gets submitted this Tuesday but I'm going to keep the weekly updates going for at least a couple months, I hope you stay with me during this. Lots of love <3

Comments

Popular Posts