01/11/19

I've covered one album and five singles so this weeks playlist is a little heavy on Kanye West but the link's below:

Fabric Bear released a new single called “Comfort Zone” which is their fourth single so far. The band's from Edinburgh and have become pretty fixed in the Scottish music scene. They’ve sold out King Tuts already and just played Tenement Trail but I wasn’t able to see them. The songs not exactly a normal song about love as they barely seem to like who they’re singing about. It’s a brilliant song to join the others they’ve already released, well worth a listen.

Fabric Bear
Kanye West released his ninth studio album “Jesus is King” last Friday. He was originally meant to release it Thursday at midnight but he’d postponed the release of it because he wasn’t happy with some of the tracks. So, it’s getting added into this week. The albums kind of Gospel and a big part of Kanye’s progression into faith and it’s been getting a lot of negative reviews online off critics and just normal fans. For me, I feel it’s had the same effect on fans as The Arctic Monkeys last album. I don’t mind the album, I can’t see myself going out my way to listen to it but it’s good enough. My favourite songs probably “Follow God” or “Use This Gospel” which sounds like a car seatbelt’s not been plugged in.
Peach Pit


Peach Pit have finally put out some new music in the form of “Feelin’ Low (F*ckboy Blues)” which is a new single that’s a lot heavier than anything I’ve ever heard from them. The song starts with similar lyrics to their song “Not Me” off their first and only album although that’s the only comparison that can be drawn to any of their other songs. I’m not sure if this is a new path they’re going down but I’m looking forward to seeing what else they come out with. I’ll always love their lighter stuff but will welcome any changes.

Courteeners released “More. Again. Forever” which is the title track on their new album which is to be released on the 17th of January next year (which is a Friday, believe it or not). This is the second single they’ve released off the album along with “Heavy Jacket”, neither of them are really my thing but if you’re a fan of the Courteeners keep an eye out for new songs as well as a rumoured tour.


Omar Apollo

Omar Apollo released his first all-Spanish single “Frío”. It’s a little different from his previous funk/indie melodies which are probably largely to do with the fact that Kenny Beats has produced on the song. Omar’s music has always had a Hispanic influence but this one seems even more so when looking it up I found that he took a lot of inspiration from Dembow which is a genre of popular music originating from the Caribbean. It seems to like a lot of the music that ends up in the UK top 40, personally, I hope this isn’t going to be his new style.

I was told that I focus too much on music that I actually like, so DUA Lipa’s put out a new song called “Don’t Start Now”. It’s just another song of her singing about how men are trash which seems to be what she’s best at. I’ve not got a lot of stuff to say about it but there you are, if you need a bit of female empowerment go throw that on.


Again, thanks a lot for reading. If you’ve ever got any music that you want me to talk about, please let me know. If you’re an artist or band that’s releasing music soon give me a shout or if you’ve got a gig coming up let me know and I’ll try come down.

Comments

Popular Posts