Tenement Trail 2019
Last Friday was wild for new music so I want to mention some more releases before I get started:
- Calva Louise - Sleeper
- Foals - Part 2 Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost
- Joesef - Play Me Something Nice
![]() |
| The Roly Mo as taken by big papa Nathan Kidd |
Next, I went back into the Barras to catch The Dunts play the main hall which is the biggest venue I’ve ever seen them play in ever by a long shot. As per they were class and I don’t really need to say much more except that the drummer's t-shirt was a piece of art – mountains and wolves – incredible.
Next, I bounced back over to BAaD to see Calva Louise play at 7:45. They put on a show as they always do, constantly surprising me with the intensity they can bring with just three people.
I continued to hang around BAad to catch Drenge at 8:45, by this point I’d had a good bit to drink so maybe wasn’t paying attention to what was going on stage as much as I would’ve liked for the purpose of this roundup, they played well though I was gutted that they never played “Fuckabout” live which is easily my favourite song. Still, a good set with a good atmosphere to it.
I need to mention Davey Golden Days who was playing some tunes out in the BAaD courtyard across the day. Made for a brilliant break between each of the acts and I’m pretty sure we ended up missing one of the acts because we stayed back to listen to him. He’s playing a night on Saturday the 23rd of November at Club 69; I’ll be at it and you should look into it as well. Link’s below:
Lastly, I seen Lucia & The Best Boys (they had a name change) play a last-minute set at McChuills at 12:30, the place was packed and they put on a show. It was a nice way to finish off a good day of music before going to a very busy, very sweaty priory.
As always thanks for reading, I’m so close to 1,000 individual views (I've not seen anyone in my course with more) and you’ve helped with that. Hope you’re enjoying reading just as much as I’m enjoying the process of writing x







Comments
Post a Comment