18/10/19
If you want to listen to this week's releases I've made a playlist on my Spotify:
Before I start talking about new releases, I had planned to talk about my day at Tenement Trail last week but there’s that much to talk about today that I don’t have space for that, so I’ll release another blog sometime next week. I’ve had an amazing response for this blog so early on from viewers and bands messaging me and I’ve already got 4 times the amount of views I need. Please continue to stick with me but, follow the insta and read the posts and if you have anything you want me to talk about tell me. It means a lot, thanks x
First up we’ve got The Dunts with Marilyn and fucking hell what a song. I love The Dunts so I was expecting to like it but not this much, it sounds a lot more mature and polished than a lot of their other songs (don’t know if that makes sense) but it’s by no means a step back. I seen them play The Barrowlands last Saturday at Tenement Trail (will write about that soon) which is the biggest venue I’ve ever seen them play at by a long way, they’ve also been announced in the first wave of acts at SXSW in Texas for the second year running. Big, big things are happening for The Dunts.
After a lot of anticipation, Declan Welsh and The Decadent Welsh have released their debut album. They start the album strong with three songs that they had already released as singles before – “No Fun”, “Absurd” and “How Does Your Love” – before introducing some new releases mixed again with some previously released songs before finishing the album off with the nine minute extravaganza “Times”. They’ve been doing well recently getting some recognition and awards, can’t remember what they were but that definitely happened. They’ve also got a UK tour coming up very soon so have a look and if you’re free on the date near you make sure to go. Back to the album, favourite new releases from it have got to be “New Me And You” and “People Let You Down”.
![]() |
| Stole this from Twitter |
Mental that Glasgow’s that good you can comfortably talk about three releases in one Friday. Moving away from Glasgow but Rex Orange County has released another song in the lead up to his upcoming third studio album “Pony”. The songs called “Pluto Projector” and is a much more relaxing some that the past couple he’s released. Comes with a light and continual guitar riff with some electronic drums plus the occasional piano build up, finishing the song with some strings and what I think is Rex’s voice distorted. Nice wee song, a bit of a Rex standard which makes for easy listening.
Lastly, The Snuts have released an EP today called “Juan Belmonte” after the Spanish bullfighter. At first I thought it was a bit of an unusual combination but then I remembered they’ve already released a song called and EP called “The Matador”. I like The Snuts, I first seen them play in Benicassim, Spain in 2018 to what seemed like an all Scottish crowd and again in St Luke’s late last year. Both times they played amazingly and at each the crowd were incredible. The new song itself is pretty different from their other songs, it’s a little heavier and sounds like it would be the backing track as the trailer for The Joker film or something like that. I don’t know, just something that sprung to my mind when listening to it.
I got asked to add in these songs too, not going to speak about them because this is already a long post but give them a listen if that’s what you’re into:
· Marshall Jefferson & Solardo – Move Your Body
· Gang Starr – Bad Name
· Krept & Konan & Wizkid – G Love






Comments
Post a Comment