11/10/19


The first up for this week has got to be Beta Waves who have finally released some new music in the form of new single “Ad Lib”. I found out about them by accident last year when me and my pal wound up at their set at the St Luke’s all dayer. Whether it was due to the fact the two of us were a bit gone we couldn’t help but fall in love with the way they played; their combination of electronic music and guitars allowed them to completely encompass the room in whatever the mood of the song was they were playing. Ad Lib definitely lived up to expectations and was well worth the wait, they’re playing a set at Tenement Trail tomorrow that I’m not going to make (St Luke’s- 4:45-5:15pm) but if you’re about you need to make sure you’re there for it. They won’t disappoint.


Baby Strange released a song called “Bad Man in Prague” where they collaborated with John Jokey who speaks over the strong bassline and interweaving guitar. It’s not something that can be compared to any other Baby Strange songs but it’s a good track, its got a feeling to it that’s similar to Sleaford Mods which a lot of people have agreed with me on. It's not on any streaming platforms from what I can see but you can get it from this link to their Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3crjxeFO6w/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link


Dancing on Tables released another ep called “Stay”. They seem to have been churning out Eps recently but I’m pretty happy with that as they’re a good wee band. I can’t help but feel like they sound a little too similar to Biffy Clyro on this occasion though, could just be me but.


I seen The Ninth Wave last night at their listening party for the second part of their album “Infancy” at The Savings Bank. They handed out handwritten lyric books to the first 30 people that got there which I thought was a good touch. They played the first part of their album through the sound system then after it played the second part with just a piano, it was seriously beautiful. Later they showed us a new music video they’re releasing soon and the rounded off the night by handing out shots to people in the crowd. “Infancy” is now out so I’d recommend you go stream it or buy the album from their website.
Haydn Park-Patterson and Amelia Kidd from The Ninth Wave


Comments

Popular Posts